Business Development Manager
You probably know Honda as a manufacturer of modern, energy-efficient and high-performance cars and motorcycles. The Honda Civic and Honda Goldwing are legendary. But did you know that we are also a leader in industrial motors and power products? Take a look around you: you probably spot a Honda-engine or a Honda-lawnmower somewhere.
Honda Motor Europe Logistics is in charge of the distribution of cars, motorbikes, power products and industrial engines within Europe. We also coordinate the logistic flow of spare parts, service parts and accessories, for the European market. We guarantee this logistic service by our divisions in Ghent, Aalst and our 6 European branches.
Daily we count on an average of 850 enthusiastic colleagues located Ghent, Aalst and our European branches. Together we strive to realize the dreams of so many people, and possibly also your dream.
‘The Power of Dreams’ is still our worldwide motto.
For our spare parts business, our Parts department in Gent functions as regional headquarter for supply management and commercial support to our sales branches and distributors in Europe.
Within this area, our Parts Business Development team is supporting our Honda network in promoting genuine parts and look for new opportunities in the market. To strengthen this team, we are currently looking for a Business Development Manager.
- You take the lead over a team of associates to roll out and implement our business development plans across Europe for our automobile, motorcycle, and life creation lines. You’re in charge of the team coordination, task planning, follow-up and KPI reporting.
- You engage with our Branches and Distributors, take on challenges and guarantee a solid alignment with all stakeholders (internal and external).
- We can count on you for continuous market potential analysis: benchmark, volume & market share analysis, look for business opportunities, future trends, and concepts, and making clear and structured proposals.
- Together with the management team, you think creatively to strengthen our Spare Parts communication.
- You define the best promotional strategies and KPIs, with a strong focus on sales & profit growth and customer retention. You have a natural drive to push our business forward.
- You will be a core member in the future sales channel development (f.e.: b2b, B2c, …) for spare parts and will be actively involved in different kinds of projects and initiatives.
- You combine an analytical mindset with a market- and customer-driven, future-proof viewpoint.
- It comes natural to you to motivate a team and guide them towards results together.
- Any e-commerce experience or knowledge is definitely a plus.
- You communicate fluently in English and Dutch. You have an advanced knowledge of O365 tools and data management systems.
- Preferably you have an economic or marketing-oriented background and already some experience in a similar aftersales position, in a B2B context. Cherry on the cake: any automotive knowledge, experience or passion.
- A challenge within an international environment in which we base our daily work on mutual respect and trust.
- Our company policy is characterized by a human approach, which offers its associates opportunities to grow and to take initiative.
- A permanent position, a competitive salary and an extensive package of fringe benefits.