TRANSPORT BUSINESS CONTROLLER
You probably know Honda as a worldwide manufacturer of modern, energy-efficient and high-performance cars and motorcycles. The Honda Civic and Honda Goldwing are legendary. But did you know that we are also a leader in industrial engines and power units? Take a look around you: you probably spot a Honda-engine powered piece of equipment somewhere.
Honda Motor Europe Logistics is in charge of the distribution of cars, motorbikes, power products and industrial engines within Europe. We also coordinate the logistic flow of spare parts and accessories, for the European market. We guarantee this logistic service by our divisions in Ghent, Aalst and our 6 European branches.
Daily we count on an average of 800 enthusiastic colleagues located Ghent, Aalst and our European branches. They cooperate in realising the dreams of so many people, and possibly also your dream.
Our Euro Transport department, located in Gent, guarantees qualitative and timely deliveries to our customers in Europe. For this team, we are currently looking for a Transport Business Controller:
Your job and responsibilities
- You are our person in charge when it comes to transport budget administration and contract management, and you act as a sparring partner for our management by mapping out the effect of transport activities on the financial results.
- You prepare, consolidate, and control the financial Pan-European transport budgets and business results: you report about result versus plan, you analyse any deviations, you provide an in-depth cost analysis with regards to our transport activities, identify issues ,compare with years ago results & projections
- You prepare monthly provisions, make extensive monthly analysis & check invoices about direct costs.
- You are our source of advice on process improvements in European transport supply chain.
- You stay up to date about the evolution and impact of cost elements such as fuel prices, exchange rates, road taxes, …
- To support our tender management and distribution procurement, you prepare logistics studies, you carry out financial comparisons and simulate different scenarios.
- You guarantee a correct contract status of our transport partners and coordinate contract renewals
- Your mathematical and analytical insights are highly ranked on your skills set. We can also rely on your accuracy.
- You work in an independent way, you can prioritize and adapt easily when circumstances ask for some flexibility.
- Ideally you have a higher degree in Economics or Business Administration and affinity with the European transport business. Some experience in a similar job will certainly be valuable for us.
- You can work efficiently with the common O365 tools and are very pc minded.
- A challenge within an international environment in which we base our daily work on mutual respect and trust.
- Our company policy is characterized by a human approach, which offers its associates opportunities to grow and to take initiative.
- A permanent contract, a competitive salary and a nice package of fringe benefits.