IT SERVICE OWNER NETWORK SERVICES
You probably know Honda as a manufacturer of modern, energy-efficient and high-performance cars and motorcycles. The Honda Civic and Honda Goldwing are legendary. But did you know that we are also a leader in industrial motors and power products? Take a look around you: you probably spot a Honda-engine or a Honda-lawnmower somewhere.
In Europe, Honda Motor Europe Logistics guarantees a qualitative and timely distribution of our Honda-products within our network.
Within Honda Motor Europe Logistics, our European Engine Centre (EEC), www.honda-engines-eu.com, was established in 1994. It centralizes the sales and logistics of industrial engines and power units in Europe. Coordinated from Ghent, six European sales offices guarantee a close contact with our international customers (Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) and Distributors).
We are looking for an additional member to join our IT network services team to provide service in Network Operations Centre and Architecture, from our office in Ghent to all our offices in Europe.
The job and responsibilities of a Service Owner Network Services
- You configure, deploy, test, monitor, troubleshoots and maintain network (LAN, WAN, wireless) devices.
- You monitor overall network performance and ensure that capacity planning is performed.
- You support and coordinate together with our suppliers, network operations and maintain services levels for networking services at Branches and Data centers.
- You also plan and manage the support of new technologies, network performance and reliability.
- You are our network subject matter expert.
- You are driven to continuous network services improvement.
- You propose measures to reach and supersede set SLA’s.
- You also define company’s network, standards and documentation, including risk registers, design documents and asset lists.
- You ensure that skills, information and knowledge remain up to date within the area responsible.
- You have a degree in business administration or a technology-related field, and 2 years of experience in working in a network team.
- You have excellent experience in planning, designing and maintaining enterprise class networks, as well as experience in managing service providers and vendors.
- You have a strong technical background in Layer 2, Layer 3, Layer 4-7 routing, switching and application switching technologies, TCP/IP, IP routing, VPN technologies, Firewalls, data centre design and Entreprise Architecture Framework.
- Networking Certifications (Cisco Career Certifications, Professional level or equivalent, are definitely an advantage.
- Constantly following and acting on the latest trends and technologies in the sector is your second nature.
- You are an expert in translating business goals, requirements and issues into technical and service specifications.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Dutch.
- You are a team player with a proactive and entrepreneurial approach.
- A challenging and diverse fulltime job, home work included, with many international contacts, with an innovating global player.
- An attractive salary package with extra legal benefits, flexible working hours and a good work-life balance on top.
- A company with a human oriented approach, based on mutual respect and confidence.