Undoubtedly, you know Honda as a world-wide manufacturer of modern, energy-efficient and high-performance cars and motorcycles. The Honda Civic and the Honda Goldwing are legendary. But did you know we play a leading role in industrial engines and power products too? If you look around you, it is not unlikely you will spot a Honda engine or a Honda lawn mower.
Honda Motor Europe Logistics vouches for the distribution of cars, motorcycles, power products, and the service parts of each of these products. Every day, the Honda products and service parts are transported from our locations in Ghent, Aalst and our six European branches to the European dealers. Our warehouses accommodate all service parts and accessories for the European market, making us Honda’s nerve centre in Europe.
For these activities we count on 850 enthusiastic colleagues on a daily basis in our offices in Ghent, Aalst, and our European branches. Together we work on making the dreams of many people – including you, perhaps – come true. This explains why ‘The Power of Dreams’ is our motto.
The Products department guarantees the correct and high-quality check and flow of our products to the European market. For this department, we are looking for an
Product Quality Coordinator
Your job as Product Quality Coordinator
- You are the central point of contact for the team in the event of quality and technical issues as well as questions about modification actions concerning motorcycles and power equipment (e.g. lawn mowers).
- With respect to technical or quality issues and modifications you will primarily do the following:
- Collect and analyse data, which you use as a basis for proposing any countermeasures, and render advice on the proper recovery method;
- Coordinate the team that vouches for repairs and modifications, and assist the team in a technical and practical respect, for instance when repairs are performed;
- The practical preparation of modification actions (start, material, work instructions, check sheets, etc.);
- Perform the final quality checks;
- Maintain and contribute to our processes: draw up work instructions and check sheets and visualise processes by means of flows.
- When new models are received and discussed, you gather knowledge about all novelties concerning technology, packaging and transport.
- You perform process and quality audits in conformity with our Honda standards (internally, with external parties, and occasionally with branches abroad).
- You visualise and comply with the KPIs regarding logistic quality.
- You regularly report on quality, audits, repair and modification actions, and keep all parties involved informed (internal parties, plants, European branches).
- You have a background in electromechanical engineering/automobile technology, and you have practical experience in technical jobs.
- You have a passion for motorcycles and technology, and you want to keep on learning and be up to date with all technical and technological evolutions.
- You work independently, proactively and with an eye for quality. You can bring projects to a favourable conclusion.
- You have excellent communicative skills and want to build a professional network, so you like giving guidance to colleagues and passing on your knowledge.
- You are good at working with the current computer programmes and MS Office.
- You have a good command of Dutch and English, and French is a bonus.
- A challenging and diverse fulltime fixed job, home work included, with many international contacts, with an innovating global player.
- An attractive salary package with an extensive package of extra legal benefits.
- A company with a human oriented approach, based on mutual respect and confidence.