You probably know Honda as a manufacturer of modern, energy-efficient and high-performance cars and motorcycles. The Honda Civic and Honda Goldwing are legendary. But did you know that we are also a leader in industrial motors and power products? Take a look around you: you probably spot a Honda-engine or a Honda-lawnmower somewhere.
In Europe, Honda Motor Europe Logistics guarantees a qualitative and timely distribution of our Honda-products within our network.
Within Honda Motor Europe Logistics, our European Engine Centre (EEC), www.honda-engines-eu.com, was established in 1994. It centralizes the sales and logistics of industrial engines and power units in Europe. Coordinated from Ghent, six European sales offices guarantee a close contact with our international customers (Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) and Distributors).
Our centralised Parts department is responsible for the ‘Sales & Supply’ of spare parts (procurement & stock management, customer service, sales & marketing) in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Every day, the ‘Pricing’ team studies market information to consolidate our positioning, for spare parts, in a competitively strong sector. To strengthen this team, we are looking for a
Your job as Pricing Analyst
We can summarise your job in 3 key domains:
- Research & analyses:
- You carry out market and sales analyses, profit calculations and price comparisons for the spare parts of the entire Honda range.
- You use various internal and external sources for your research and analyses. This comprises price databases as well as information on the Internet and regular contacts with local departments and our garage network.
- You convert the complexity of data, acquired from research, into usable conclusions and translate them into concrete actions.
- Strategy & projects:
- You provide input for the development of the price strategy and price concepts based on extensive research.
- You are responsible for pricing spare parts according to an established pricing strategy.
- You work on the pricing and associated strategy for our digital sales channels (e-commerce).
- You align and negotiate with other Honda departments in Europe and external customers.
- You coordinate and validate with all involved stakeholders, both internal and external.
- You also participate in projects in the entire Parts Commercial Management department.
- Monitoring & PDCA:
- You maintain an overview of the European pricing structure and report on this.
- You strive to achieve continuous improvement by using the PDCA (Plan-Do-Check-Act) cycle.
- Your driven analytical mind combined with your action orientation and focus on results make you the Pricing Analyst we are looking for. If you also have the necessary communication skills, then you are the perfect match.
- You are very capable of working independently, taking initiative and being proactive.
- You have affinity with the technological developments and have some product knowledge in Automotive & Motorcycle, or you are prepared to acquire that knowledge.
- Experience in an e-commerce and/or aftersales pricing environment is a definite bonus.
- You have preferably completed higher education and/or you can offer us considerable economic insight.
- The usual MS Office and O365 tools hold no secrets for you. SQL experience can be a bonus.
- Your excellent knowledge of Dutch – English also ensures good communication.
- A challenging and diverse fulltime fixed job, home work included, with many international contacts, with an innovating global player.
- An attractive salary package with an extensive package of extra legal benefits.
- A company with a human oriented approach, based on mutual respect and confidence.