You probably know Honda as a manufacturer of modern, energy-efficient and high-performance cars and motorcycles. The Honda Civic and Honda Goldwing are legendary. But did you know that we are also a leader in industrial motors and power products? Take a look around you: you probably spot a Honda-engine or a Honda-lawnmower somewhere.
In Europe, Honda Motor Europe Logistics guarantees a qualitative and timely distribution of our Honda-products within our network.
Within Honda Motor Europe Logistics, our European Engine Centre (EEC), www.honda-engines-eu.com, was established in 1994. It centralizes the sales and logistics of industrial engines and power units in Europe. Coordinated from Ghent, six European sales offices guarantee a close contact with our international customers (Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) and Distributors).
Our office in Aalst has a rich Honda history dating from 1962. Their activities cover two areas:
- Logistics (warehouse operations) and ‘prepack’ (packaging operations) of service parts & accessories
- Paintwork and finishing of bumpers (bumper factory)
To strengthen our management team in our logistics activities, we are looking for an
Your job as Operational Manager
- You are responsible for our warehouse inbound and outbound, stockage and packaging operations with a current team of 70 associates (warehouse workers & first-line managers).
- You support our Supervisors and Team Coordinators but are also prepared to help in the event of absences.
- You coach your team and ensure that objectives relating to safety, quality, efficiency and the environment are achieved.
- You are responsible for the operational planning (personnel, materials, …), and proactively make adjustments.
- Together with your manager, you determine the operational KPIs, follow them up and undertake targeted action.
- You build bridges between the various internal and external teams and parties; you encourage open communication and teamwork.
- You ensure continuous improvement and innovation in our operational processes and systems.
- You have a Bachelor degree and solid experience as a manager in a logistics environment, which holds no secrets for you.
- You describe yourself as a people manager who can coach, motivate and involve people in a diverse team, as well as provide clear management, give direction and convince people.
- Your organisational, analytical and planning skills are very strongly developed.
- You can adapt fast to different situations and take a creative approach to various problems & unforeseen circumstances.
- You have affinity with IT and Warehouse Management Systems; you are adept with using MS Office and quickly learn new systems.
- Smooth communication in Dutch and English is no problem for you.
- A challenging and diverse fulltime fixed job, with many international contacts, with an innovating global player.
- An attractive salary package with an extensive package of extra legal benefits.
- A company with a human oriented approach, based on mutual respect and confidence.