Undoubtedly, you know Honda as a world-wide manufacturer of modern, energy-efficient and high-performance cars and motorcycles. The Honda Civic and the Honda Goldwing are legendary. But did you know we play a leading role in industrial engines and power products too? If you look around you, it is not unlikely you will spot a Honda engine or a Honda lawn mower.
Honda Motor Europe Logistics vouches for the distribution of cars, motorcycles, power products, and the service parts of each of these products. Every day, the Honda products and service parts are transported from our locations in Ghent, Aalst and our six European branches to the European dealers. Our warehouses accommodate all service parts and accessories for the European market, making us Honda’s nerve centre in Europe.
For these activities we count on 850 enthusiastic colleagues on a daily basis in our offices in Ghent, Aalst, and our European branches. Together we work on making the dreams of many people – including you, perhaps – come true. This explains why ‘The Power of Dreams’ is our motto.
The Spare Parts Department safeguards a correct, high-quality check and flow of goods to the European market. We want to strengthen this department with an
Operational Manager Quality
Your job as Operational Manager Quality (Spare Parts)
- You assume the daily responsibility for all activities concerning (spare parts) quality.
- You are the central contact for the team with respect to quality issues.
- You vouch for drawing up and complying with your team’s operational planning, so that we can guarantee our service as a provider of logistic services and meet our objectives.
- You can make this happen by coaching your associates day after day and guiding them as a single team to the intended results.
- You monitor the Honda standards in terms of quality, delivery times, cost management, safety, and the environment. You make adjustments and work on the details of action points where this is necessary.
- In close collaboration with your team, you evaluate the day-to-day realisations as well as the standard processes and procedures to contribute to continuous improvement.
- You maintain professional and good relations with all parties in the European organisation.
- You have a bachelor diploma in a logistic/technical field and have at least three years’ experience in a similar role.
- You have the makings of an excellent people manager who takes responsibility and connects smoothly at various levels.
- Your hands-on mentality, result orientation and problem-solving capability are among your greatest strengths.
- You are good at planning; technology and quality have first priority with you.
- You have an affinity for and are captivated by the world of cars and motorcycles.
- A challenging and diverse fulltime fixed job, with many international contacts, with an innovating global player.
- An attractive salary package with an extensive package of extra legal benefits.
- A company with a human oriented approach, based on mutual respect and confidence.