AFTER SALES SERVICE ENGINEER
You probably know Honda as a worldwide manufacturer of modern, energy-efficient and high-performance cars and motorcycles. The Honda Civic and Honda Goldwing are legendary. But did you know that we are also a leader in industrial engines and power units? Take a look around you: you probably spot a Honda-engine powered piece of equipment somewhere.
In Europe, Honda Motor Europe Logistics guarantees a qualitative and timely distribution of our Honda-products within our network.
Within Honda Motor Europe Logistics, our European Engine Centre (EEC), www.honda-engines-eu.com, was established in 1994. It centralizes the sales and logistics of industrial engines and power units in Europe. Coordinated from Ghent, six European sales offices guarantee a close contact with our international customers (Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) and Distributors).
To strengthen our team in Ghent, we are currently looking for an After Sales Service Engineer:
Your job and responsibilities
- On a European scale you will assist the After Sales area, by performing a number of versatile tasks. Predominately you will monitor, report and follow up service issues in the market: problem detection, analysis, look for countermeasure(s) and implementation of selected solution(s). You will organise and coordinate our ‘Pre-Delivery Inspections’ (PDI).
- You will also be handling all kinds of technical questions and issues coming from the market (such as engine analysis, matching tests and repair & warranty handling),
- You will support in maintaining training material, updating technical documentation and providing technical trainings occasionally, both within the organisation (“Train the Trainer”) and for our external European customers.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in electro-mechanics, or equivalent by experience.
- A first experience in the After Sales area of industrial products, in a B2B environment or in a factory quality assurance department is an asset.
- You are strongly customer-oriented and a good communicator, you can work autonomously with an ‘eagle eye’ for detail and problem-solving focus.
- You are willing to go on short trips abroad.
- Fluent knowledge of Dutch and English is a must. Basic French or any other language is an asset.
- You have good MS Office skills.
- A challenging job in a stable, international and technical-commercial environment, where you will have a high degree of autonomy.
- A company with a human approach, based on mutual respect and trust.
- A permanent contract with a comprehensive range of employee benefits.